From Anetta at The Wanderlust Kitchen; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 4 Hoagie Buns
- 4 Tbsp. butter, plus more for the hoagie buns
- 1 Large onion, sliced
- 2 pounds steak, sliced against the grain into thin strips
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 good shakes of Worcestershire sauce (or more, to taste)
- 4 slices Mt. Mansfield Creamery Halfpipe cheese
- Spread some butter on the halved French rolls and place until the broiler on low for minutes to toast.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions and cook until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
- Season the cube steak with salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet, then add the meat in a single layer. Cook about one minute on each side, until nice and brown.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and return the cooked onions to the pan and toss together with the steak.
- To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Add a slice of cheese, followed by the meat mixture and chimichurri sauce. Top with the other half of the roll and cut in half.