Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Dish | Diet: Omnivore
The combination of chicken, mayonnaise, apples, and cheddar really make this sandwich shine. The pea shoots add a nice crunch to the mix.
- 8 slices of bread, or baguette
- olive oil or butter
- 6 ounces cheddar
- 1 recipe caramelized apples
- 1 recipe chicken salad
- pea shoots
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet, and brush the top side with olive oil or smear with butter.
- Toast the bread in the oven until the top has just started to turn golden. Meanwhile, slice the cheese.
- Turn the bread, and top half of the pieces with cheese. Toast the second side until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- When the bread is done, remove from the oven and turn off the heat.
- Top the cheesy bread slices with caramelized apple slices, top with chicken salad, and garnish with pea shoots. Place the plain bread slices on top.