Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Dish | Diet: Omnivore
These "breakfast" sandwiches are delicious any time of day! And, the recipe is infinitely flexible.
- 1 package breakfast sausage patties (4)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, homemade or store bought
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, plus more to taste
- 4 eggs
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 biscuits, homemade or store bought
- Sautéed shaved asparagus
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add the sausage patties, and cook until browned on the first side. Flip, and cook until browned on the second side.
- While the sausage is cooking, combine the mayo and mustard, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When the sausage is done cooking, remove from pan.
- Crack the eggs into the same pan. When the have set slightly, sprinkle them with cheddar cheese. Cook until done to your liking.
- Cut the biscuits in half. Spread with the mustard-y mayo. Top with a sausage patty, an egg, and some asparagus.