Roasted Salmon with Fennel Salad & Spiced Honey
Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: Summer/Fall | Type: Meal | Diet: O/GF
This is a quick, lovely dish to make in summer or fall. The oven will only need to be on for around 15 minutes (including preheating), and the result is delicious and unusual. Rice or couscous would make a good accompaniment.
- 1 salmon fillet
- a little oil for cooking
- salt and pepper to taste
- seasoned honey
- shaved fennel with orange
- Preheat the oven to 375-degrees
- Coat a baking sheet with a little oil, and place on the salmon, skin-side down.
- Drizzle a little more oil atop the salmon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the salmon for 8 minutes, and check it for doneness. Depending on your preferences, you could eat it when it's not opaque all the way through, or cook it until it is.
- Remove from the oven, place on top of the fennel salad, and spread on a couple spoonfuls of seasoned honey.