Recipe Level: Creative | Recipe Speed: Average | Season: All | Type: Main Dish | Diet: Omnivore - Vegetarian
From your basket:
2 cups cabbage, thinly slices or grated
½ cup diced mushrooms
½ cup diced yellow onion
½ cup Yogurt (¼ for the pastry and ¼ for the filling)
From the pantry:
Salt and Pepper
1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
For the pastry:
1. Combine flour, and ¼ tsp salt in a medium bowl.
2. Add butter and combine using a fork or pastry cutter. Dough should become crumby, but not hold together.
3. Add yogurt and combine, at this point you should be able to knead into a proper dough. Adding more flour or yogurt if need be.
4. Consider adding a touch of honey for some sweetness.
5. Roll out into a circle about a ¼ inch thick.
For the filling:
1. Sauté onions in a pan with olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
2. Add your cabbage and mushrooms and continue to cook until soft.
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Remove from heat and move to a bowl.
5. Add the yogurt and more salt and pepper to taste.
6. Place your mixture in the center of your dough and press out, leaving about 2 inches of crust on all sides.
7. Fold crust up onto the filling. Look at the picture for help!
8. Bake until crust appears golden brown. About 25 minutes.