Recipe By: Taste of Home
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- Semisweet chocolate chips, dried cranberries, sliced ripe bananas and coarsely chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt and water. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with optional ingredients if desired. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Freeze option: Arrange cooled pancakes in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months. To use, place pancakes on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 40-50 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 12 pancakes.