From Liz at The Lemon Bowl; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 1 cups grated zucchini (squeeze out excess moisture after grating)
- 1/4 c scallions thinly sliced
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 egg
- Pinch sea salt and pepper to taste
Soy Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbs soy sauce low sodium
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sriracha, hot sauce, or chili paste (optional)
Whisk together soy dipping sauce and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine grated zucchini with scallions, flour, egg and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add canola oil once pan is hot. Add about 2 tablespoons of the pancake mixture to the pan and gently spread out to form circles. (This is not a loose batter.)
Flip the pancake once it has browned on the bottom (about 2-3 minutes) and cook for additional minute or two on the other side. Continue until all of the pancake mixture is gone.
Serve with extra scallions on top and the soy dipping sauce.