Recipe by Season with Spice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or your choice of oil)
- 1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
- 10 oz cremimi mushrooms - thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Season with Spice’s Thai BBQ Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Season with Spice’s Turmeric Powder, or more to taste
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth, or water
- 12 oz package of firm silken tofu – cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Sea salt to season
- 4-5 bunches of baby bok choy – thinly sliced
- Heat coconut oil in a pot or large skillet, over medium fire. Add half of the minced ginger and cook until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Add in sliced mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes. When the liquid begin to evaporate, add in our Thai BBQ Seasoning and turmeric powder. Stir to mix in.
Add in broth/water and tofu cubes, and bring it to a boil. Add in the remaining minced ginger. Lower heat to medium, and add in coconut milk. Stir gently to combine. Let cook for another minute. Season with our Sweet Ginger Sea Salt. Taste, and adjust any seasonings to your taste. If you like the soup to be a richer consistency, just add in a bit more of the coconut milk.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the bok choy to lightly wilt. Serve hot or warm.
- The soup keeps well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. When reheating, feel free to add in more liquid or coconut milk if the soup gets too thick.
- For an even fresher tasting bok choy in the soup, add them in right at the table before you dig in.