Recipe courtesy of RecipeTin Eats
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce, all purpose
2 tbsp brown sugar (or white)
1 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable or canola oil)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
4 pork chops / cutlets, around 200g/7oz each including bone
800g / 1.6 lb baby potatoes, larger ones cut in half (can also use larger russet potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes)
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F (fan forced / convection) or 220C / 430F (standard oven).
- Toss potatoes in oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter on baking tray.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes (giving them a head start).
- Meanwhile, mix the rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Slather the pork on both sides with the Rub, reserving some Rub for basting. (See notes for marinating)
- Take the tray out of the oven. Place pork on the tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove tray from oven, slather some reserved rub on the surface then bake for a further 10 - 15 minutes until pork is cooked and golden. If necessary, switch to grill/broiler on highest heat at the end and grill for a few minutes until pork is caramelized and golden - I usually do this.
- Serve, scraping the juices on the tray onto the pork, then garnish with parsley if desired.
If marinating, place in a ziplock bag, add the pork and massage from the outside to coat the pork in the Rub. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours. If freezing, put the bag straight in the freezer, then defrost before using. It will marinate while defrosting.