Recipe by Everyday Dishes.
Pesto (Included in our Omnivore Package!)
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, sunflower seeds, or walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pasta and Salmon
- 1 box farfalle pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz salmon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed but left whole
- 1 lime zest of lime or lemon
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- To make the pesto, combine basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, olive oil and pine nuts in food processor. Season with salt then mix until smooth then set aside.
- Bring salted water to boil in large pot and cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain in colander, set aside.
- Two minutes before you drain pasta, add broccoli. Boil for about a minute, drain mixture and remove from heat. Add pasta and broccoli back to pot, mix in pesto until combined. Zest lime over pasta and stir in Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Sauté garlic with olive oil in large pan over medium high heat, about 2-3 minutes then remove garlic. Add salmon and cook 4-5 minutes on first side, flip and cook another 3-4 minutes until opaque and flaky. While salmon is cooking, chop cooked garlic and add to pasta. Remove salmon from the pan when finished.
- Add pasta mixture to same saute pan, warm for 1-2 minutes. Place in large serving bowl, top with salmon. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!