From Bon Appetit; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- Unsalted butter (for pan)
- 3/4 cup sugar plus more for pan
- 12 ounces fresh soft goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pints mixed berries (blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries)
- A 9-inch-diameter springform pan
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter springform pan and dust with sugar, tapping out any excess.
Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat goat cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg yolks two at a time, beating to blend and scraping down sides of bowl between additions. Reduce speed to low, add flour, and mix just until blended.
Using clean, dry beaters, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 1/4 of egg whites into goat cheese mixture just until blended; fold in remaining egg whites just until blended. Scrape into prepared pan and tap pan to level batter.
Bake cheesecake until top is set but still jiggles slightly in the center, 30–35 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool in pan.
Run a thin knife around sides of pan; unmold cake. Serve topped with berries.