From Ingrid at The Cozy Apron; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
• 1 – 1 ½ pounds chicken drumettes and/or wings
• Black pepper
• 1 ½ teaspoons paprika (not hot)
• 1 teaspoon, heaping, garam masala
• ½ teaspoon turmeric
• ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon ground cumin
• Pinch or two cayenne pepper
• ½ cup full-fat plain yogurt
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 3 cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
• ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
• Dash or two (or more!!) Sriracha, depending on your desired level of spiciness
• Cilantro leaves, for garnish
• Cool Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce (recipe below)
-To a large bowl, add the chicken drumettes/wings, and pat them dry with a paper towel.
-Add to them ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the black pepper, the paprika, garam masala, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and cayenne, and using your hands, mix/rub the spices into the chicken; set aside for a moment.
-In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and sriracha, and mix to blend; pour this mixture over the chicken, rubbing it into the chicken, and allow it to marinate for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
-When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 450°; line a baking sheet with foil, and place a wire rack over the baking sheet.
-Remove the chicken from the yogurt marinade, and allow the excess to drip off; place the wings onto the wire rack, and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until slightly charred and crisp.
-Serve garnished with a some cilantro leaves, and the Cool Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce on the side.
Cool Minted Yogurt Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
• 1 cup full-fat yogurt
• 2 small cloves garlic, pressed through garlic press
• ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
• ½ teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon, heaping, chopped fresh mint
-Add all of the ingredients up to and including the mint to a small bowl, and add in a couple of good pinches or salt (however much you desire for flavor); mix with a fork, and use immediately, or keep covered and in the fridge until ready to use.