From Deborah at Italian Food Forever; adjustments made for Intervale Food Hub members
- 1 1/2 Pounds Potatoes, Peeled, And Cut Into 2 Inch Pieces (peeling not necessary for new potatoes)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Coarsely Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tomatoes, Halved, Seeded, Cored, And Cut Into Large Dice
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Dash Of Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh, Chopped Basil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix together the onions, oil, garlic and potatoes.
- Season with the salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the potatoes have started to turn golden brown, and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees, add the tomatoes, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in the fresh basil, and serve.