Quick and easy, this beet hummus is as pleasing to the eye as the palate.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1/4-1/2 cup beet puree (about 2 medium beets)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-4 tablespoons tahini
- olive oil
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Put in blender or bowl with beet puree.
- Grate and sautee garlic until aromatic in olive oil, then add to beets and chickpeas.
- Zest 1/2 lemon and juice. Add both to mixture.
- Add salt and tahini to mixture. Blend until smooth, adding more olive oil, lemon juice, or salt as needed.
- Eat within 1 week with pita, carrots, or on sandwiches.