Coconut Creamed Greens
Rich, creamy, and very flavorful. These baked greens are also texturally satisfying with a crispy top and smooth interior. Adapted from the NYT.
- 2 13oz cans coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 Tbsp. Madras curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger, or 1.5 Tbsp dried
- Red pepper hot sauce
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 large bunches kale
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prep kale: destem by holding stem in one hand and stripping leaves from stalk in other. Roll into a tight bundle and cut into thin strips. (Or run a pizza cutter over leaves.)
- Combine coconut milk, spices, and hot sauce in 9x13 baking pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix kale into coconut milk a handful at a time, squeezing firmly with our hands to fit into pan and to ensure kale is coated.
- Bake for 30-40 min, then cover with coconut flakes and bake for 10-15 min until the top is crispy.
- Serve warm and enjoy!