Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
Fluffy mashed potatoes. We need not say more.
- 1.5 lb gold potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into quarters, then place in a medium pot.
- Fill pot with cold water, submerging the potatoes by 1" water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring water to boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Cook for 15-20min until a knife slides easily through potatoes. Do not undercook.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and warm cream (in same pan over stove or in microwave).
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and transfer to large bowl. Add cream and butter and mash with a masher.
- Add milk and beat with a wooden spoon until just smooth. (Over-beating will make potatoes starchy and like glue.)
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.