Ginger Brussels Sprouts with Honeycrisp Apples and Whipped Blue Cheese
Comforting, quick, and packed with flavor, this is a fantastic dinner that balances sweet and savory.
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1" piece fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 honeycrisp apples
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 4 oz whipped cream
- Make whipped blue cheese by combining cream cheese and blue cheese in a food processor until smooth. Add olive oil to thin out to a drizzle-able consistency. Set aside.
- Trim brussels sprouts and cut in half, then into thin slices.
- Grate ginger and garlic. Cut shallots into thin pieces.
- Place a large cast-iron over medium heat, then add brussels and olive oil. Cook for about 8-10 minutes until browned and tender, stirring every so often, then add aromatics (shallots, ginger, and garlic) and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut apples into very thin matchsticks.
- Time to plate! Spread out cooked vegetables onto your plate, then sprinkle handfuls of shaved honeycrisp on top. Drizzle on whipped blue cheese and finish with another drizzle of honey and cracked black pepper. Enjoy!