Greens and Beans
Simple, comforting, tasty. It's greens and beans.
- 8oz fresh raw spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 pound dry beans
- Water and/or broth
- Aromatics: onions, garlic, rosemary, etc
- Soak beans in large bowl of water for 12 hours.
- Drain and rinse beans. Coarse chop aromatics.
- Add beans to a large pot, then cover with 2 inches of water. Add aromatics and salt.
- Bring bot to boil over medium high heat, then reduce to simmer.
- Cook for 1-2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Add spinach to serving bowls, then ladle hot broth and beans into bowl to wilt spinach.
- Garnish with grated parmesan, a squeeze of lemon, salt and red pepper flakes to taste.