Maple Pecan Pie
Skip the corn syrup and go straight to Vermont's finest - maple syrup - in this riff on a classic pecan pie.
- Single pie crust
- 2.5 cups pecans
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon AP flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F. Roll out single crust dough into pie dish, then chill in freezer for 20 min.
- Line chilled crust with foil or parchment paper, then fill with dry beans or pie weights. Bake for 15 min, then remove from oven and gently remove weights and foil.
- Spread pecans inside crust.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and flour. Whisk in the vanilla, salt, eggs, and syrup, then pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 40-50 min, checking to make sure crust edges don't brown too quickly. Cover with foil if you notice this.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle flaky sea salt on top if desired, then cool.
- Serve as-is or with whipped cream.