Maple Roasted Carrots
Irresistibly sweet and salty, these maple-glazed carrots are a delicious addition to any meal.
- 2 lb. carrots, washed
- 6Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cover baking sheet with foil - sugars will otherwise be baked into pan.
- Cut carrots in half lengthwise and into smaller pieces (optional) and put into large bowl.
- Toss with sugar, butter, syrup, salt, and red pepper, then lay in single layer on foil.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, rotating every 20 min, until soft and just starting to brown.
- Transfer to plate and serve with more salt/pepper as needed.