Light and cozy, this galette is an excellent midweek dessert.
- Butter crust
- 1.5 lbs pears, apples, or combination of the two
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. If using a tart apple in mix, skip lemon.
- Optional: 1 egg for egg wash
- Honey and/or caramel for serving
- Prepare butter crust, then cool in fridge. Heat oven to 400F.
- Core pears/apples and cut into very thin slices with sharp knife or mandoline slicer.
- Add fruit to bowl and combine with sugar, cornstarch/flour and optional lemon zest and cinnamon.
- On parchment paper on baking sheet, roll out crust into a 12" circle, then arrange fruit to your liking on crust, leaving a 1-2" border.
- Fold edges of crust over fruit, pressing to seal. Dot crust with pieces of butter. Brush with egg and dust with sugar (if desired).
- Bake for roughly 45 minutes until fruit is tender and crust is golden.
- Remove from oven, cool for 10 min, then drizzle with caramel/honey and serve.