Roast Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are very easy to prepare, but they are best enjoyed a little jazzed up. Roasting gives them a crispy texture and sweeter flavor.
- 1lb pound brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
- Fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and put in a large bowl, coating with 2 Tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread in single layer on baking sheet - for crunchiest, tastiest sprouts, make sure cut side is down.
- Roast for 25-30 min until well browned. Some spots will be charred - this is good! - and sprouts should be crispy.
- Serve with labneh, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a handful of quick-pickled onions or shallots.