Sage & Mushroom Stuffing
This vegetarian stuffing is rich and flavorful and is a must-have for your Thanksgiving table.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- If using loaf: rip bread into small pieces, then leave out to dry overnight. Alternatively, toast for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet in 350F oven.
- Prep your vegetables: peel and dice the onions. Dice celery and mushrooms (incl. stems).
- Heat large pan over medium and add butter or olive oil; add vegetables and sautee, uncovered, for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Combine eggs, broth, milk, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Add bread and onion to liquid mixture and combine with your hands, coating bread thoroughly. Let sit for 5 min, then transfer to baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40-50 min. Remove foil and finish for approx. 10 min, or until toasted and crisp on top.
Makes approx. 8 servings.