Simple and quick, these salmon burgers make a healthy and delicious meal.
- 1 package Starbird Fish salmon trim
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot or 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon capers or small diced pickles
- Salt and pepper
- Old Bay seasoning to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Sriracha Mayo (make your own to taste)
- Put half of the salmon into a blender (or bowl with immersion blender) and blend with mustard and shallot/red onion until a paste is formed.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and add remaining salmon, bread crumbs, capers, and spices.
- Mix together with clean hands and form into four burgers.
- Add butter and/or oil to a skillet. Turn heat to medium high and add burgers to pan once hot. Cook for 2-3 minutes a side; you don't want to overcook. They are done when the outside is golden brown and firm and the very center is a slightly darker pink than the rest of the inside.
- Serve however you like (on buns or salad) with a drizzle of sriracha mayo, a squeeze of lemon, and some pickled onions.