Sausage & Herb Stuffing
This sausage and herb stuffing is comforting and delicious. What more could you ask for?
- 1 lb stuffing mix or crusty bread
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 stick butter
- 2 apples
- handful parsley
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- If using loaf: rip bread into small pieces, then leave out to dry overnight. Alternatively, toast for about 10 minutes on a baking sheet in 350F oven.
- Prep your vegetables: peel and dice the onions. Dice celery and parsley.
- Heat large pan over medium and add butter or olive oil; add fruit/veggies and sautee, uncovered, for 5 minutes until slightly softened.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add sausage to pan and cook for about 10 minutes, breaking into pieces, until just browned. Transfer to bowl with veggies, then add bread pieces.
- Add the chicken broth, mix well, and transfer to baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle.