Simply Delicious Lamb Stew
- 1lb lamb stew meat
- 1-2 yellow onions
- 2-3 carrots
- 1lb potatoes or parsnips
- 1/4 head celeriac
- 1 can Guiness, stock, or water
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prep your vegetables: peel and cut onions into small wedges, small-dice celeriac, cut carrots and potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Pat lamb dry and season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of olive oil to a Dutch Oven or other heavy oven-proof pot and set to medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, leaving room between pieces to help with browning. (Do in batches if needed.) Once browned on all sides, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add more olive oil if needed, then celeriac, onions, and carrots to pot. Cook until lightly browned (~5 min), then add Guinness/stock/water and meat to pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer, and add potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, and a sprig of fresh thyme (or a couple shakes of thyme salt).
- Cover pot and place in oven. Cook for one hour, or until lamb is very tender, then skim off fat and enjoy with crusty bread!