Soy-Maple Beef Rice Bowl
A fast, simple rice bowl that is endlessly riffable.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh or ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- optional: sliced scallions, pickled veggies, hot sauce, and sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ground beef and cook it, breaking into crumbles with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink.
- Whisk maple syrup/sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red and black pepper together and add to ground beef. Stir to combine and reduce slightly.
- Serve over rice with pickles (such as Pitchfork's lime carrot), hot sauce, kimchi, and/or sesame seeds and scallions.