Sweet Potatoes with Tahini & Spices
Warm, comforting, and bright, this meal is a great way to liven up your fall and winter dishes.
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 3 limes
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Pickled red onions
- First, steam sweet potatoes. Set a steamer basket in a medium pot with water just underneath, and bring to a boil. Cut sweet potatoes into large chunks and place in steamer basket.
- Cover pot, turn heat to medium, and steam until potatoes are tender (about 30 min).
- Juice 1 lime and cut other 2 into wedges.
- Mix tahini, juice of 1 lime, soy sauce, sesame oil (and garlic powder if you are so inclined) in a bowl until a dressing forms.
- When sweet potatoes are done, transfer to a platter and spoon dressing over everything.
- Garnish with a handful of cilantro, sliced jalapenos, and diced pickled red onions. Serve with lime wedges on the side.