Ah, the ultimate Thanksgiving condiment. Wait until your turkey is done and cooling to whip up this drippings-based gravy.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups turkey pan drippings
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. sage (minced)
- 1 tsp. thyme (minced)
salt and pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan or deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add flour, whisking in a bit at a time and toasting until golden (approx 1 min).
- Whisk in pan drippings. (Add broth to make 3 cups total.)
- Bring to boil then reduce and simmer until thickened, then add fresh herbs.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth and return to simmer. Add more broth if gravy is too thick and season.